Saturday, February 28, 2009

CHOCOLATE CAKE

YES... YES... i know i know... i didnt write abt the day my frends came over to my house... dont worry... cuz i wont :P.... im just not bothered enuf.... and anyway they wrote abt it in ther blogs so... if ur THAT interested... go read it from there....

ANYHOO...today... i just had this real intense urge to eat a choco cake... but not any choco cake... the ones with a melted center... emmmmmmmmmm....... so i started to search some recipes.... evn though i knew my mom wudnt allow me to make it... it just creates a lotta mess.... and my mom thinks i cant clean up aftr cooking.... which i can.. but dont like to :P... so i sucked up to my dad... and told him how mean mom is and how delicious the cake looked.... and it WORKED..... he told mom... and mom... with an angry tone sed... I NEVER TOLD HER THT SHE CANT MAKE IT... SHE JUST BETTER CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS .... with fireworks clasting inside me...and a smiling face... i started to search recipes....



than i saw a REALLY AMAZING RECIPE ON YOUTUBE... which i hapened to hav seen on tv once... and the molten choco cake just look reallly delicious... so with a watering mouth and half concious mind... i wrote down the recipe and halved it so i make only 2 cakes.... i sneaked to the kitchen and started to make it.... melted the butter, added cocoa powder (i didnt hav dark choco chips in my house), whisked an egg with sugar and 1.5 tblspns of flour.... mixed it all up... and than.. i got stuck... i didnt hav the ryt kind of cups to make it in... the ones i had wernt deep enuf... so i just had to use them and hope that the inside wud still melt.... i stuck them in the oven.... and literally WATCHED them rise for the whole 20 mins....

i pulled the cakes out....it was just plain bad timing.... my bro saw me and hes like... i want 1... im like... sorry i cant remove them cuz i just took them out of the oven... it wont seperate fro the container... he poked in the cake.. and hes like.. no its not that hot... asshole... than i tried removing it ... infront of the ac... lol... i gave him half of it and split the rest between my mom and me.... well... as expected the center didnt melt :(.... my mom sed... ewww its bitter (just cuz she hates chocolate stuff and calls them bitter... so her saying its bitter.. is actually good... means that it tastes chocolaty) and undercooked... i told her that if that was uncooked than the actual recipe tells us it shud b RAW... so then... i had 1 cake left... i agreed with my mom that... either it shud be melted in the center or fully cooked... i cant possibly melt the centre now... so the only choice was to stick it back in the oven... well once again.. i was scared of my previous bakin experience of burning stuff... and watched it cook all over again.... hahaha.... but this time i made use of the time to clean up the mess i made....

I pulled it out and... it was perfect... i just had to take a picture of it....so i sprinkled sum sugar on it so it looked lke white dust... than i took sum maple syrup from the fridge and dazzled it on top so it looked "proffessional" :P.... the topping wud also make the cake a lil sweeter so my mom can b satisfied... wen mom went in the kitchen to start serving dinner... she realised that i cleaned up .. YEY!!!... but than she kinda got angry at me for only cleaning up the dishes i used and not the ones in the sink b4 it... according to her.. ther wer only 2 other dishs i shud hav washed... exageration is sumthing Konkani women are born with... lol... i ignored her and started to take pics of the cake and writing my blog.. wich i am finished today... ryt now

9 comments:

  1. I imagined the cake to be bigger XDXDXD
    it does taste delicious..i like how thick th chocolate flavour is XDXDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too. n i thought ur brothers arent in qatar nymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only tasted a itty bitty piece so i will not comment on the cake :P
    and i've always wanted to ask this but why do you always put 3 dots after every sentence? it burns my eyes. -joking-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Konkani? wat is that?
    the choco cake is nice but i dun rele like chocolate so...
    but ur brother was funny -asshole- lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. tht looks gud.

    n lol my mom always exaggerate too sepcially abt time..

    ReplyDelete
  6. n LOL CANIA HAHA its called elipsis~

    u has maple syrup *-*

    ReplyDelete
  7. god um drooling over my laptop...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i thot i replyd to ur comments... but i guess i didnt...
    @ marshi i put alot of cocoa powder in that thing :P
    @ nisa... at that time only my older bro was here... got a job in qatar airways *curses at QA*... no u sha not make cake.. cuz i need my business to succeed...
    @cania... i kill ur eyes? i shall cntinu then
    @lilly... konkani is the language i speak,.. but its a name given to the ppl livin from wer i come from...
    @hamza.. thank u *bows*... moms and ther exagerations...
    @farah.. ewwwww too much information hahahaha

    ReplyDelete